Welcome to the Old Paulite Association (Europe) website
(We are on TWITTER @oldpaulites)
We will be revising the website documents which were originally presented to be read via Flash Player. As Flash support officially ended in 2020, please bear with us whilst we overhaul the system.
Whilst this reflects the activities, reflections and opinions of Europe-based Old Paulites, we look forward to this being a meeting point of all Paulites, new and old, and to being a forum for exchange of memories and ideas.
WHAT DO OUR BADGE AND MOTTO MEAN?? Click here...
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS (see page bottom)
VIEW THE SECRETARY'S PAGE here
The OPA (Europe) Newsletter (ed. @KenPearce) IS ONLINE - please view for interesting articles and bits of SPS history.
Where are we heading?? Ken Pearce writes on "The Way Forward"...
Read the minutes on the meeting on "The Way Forward" held during the Paulite Forever event here.
Read "DARING TO BE DIFFERENT" a thought-provoking view of the future
- To foster an attachment for St Paul’s School, Darjeeling and in so doing aim to contribute towards Indo-British cultural development.
- To foster bonds of union and friendship amongst members of the Association and those eligible for membership, in the UK, Europe, India, and worldwide.
- To promote co-operation and awareness of the existence of The Association in the UK and elsewhere, the Old Paulite Association in Kolkata, and the students in the school.
What we offer
In pursuance of these objectives the OPA(E) shall try to:
- Encourage students of the school who may wish to pursue their studies or careers in the United Kingdom to contact the Association for possible advice and help, as necessary.
- Maintain close and cordial contact with The Old Paulite Association in Kolkata, encouraging members of the Association visiting India to contact the Kolkata Association to participate in their activities as appropriate.
- Organise suitable social, cultural, fund raising, or recreational activities for the enjoyment of members in the United Kingdom.
Who we are
The OPA (E) Committee:
|BP Bhattacharya||Committee Member|
|Arup Kar||Committee Member|
|Yusuf Siddiqui||Committee Member|
|Zarir Cama||Committee Member|
|Naresh Kulisra||Committee Member|
|Arindam Chaudhuri||Committee Member|
How we work
The OPA(E) committee meet regularly, supported generously by BP Bhattacharya. OPA (E) members regularly visit Darjeeling and keep abreast of events, and have recently been working on strengthening links with Old Paulite associations in other countries.
£30 PER ANNUM; renewable April 1st.
The membership renewal form can be downloaded from the link below.